Here’s a coat rack I built for our entryway a couple of years ago.
At this point, there’s no way I would have considered myself a woodworker by any means. I don’t even think I had a table saw at this point. I used some Poplar stock that a family member had given me and some crown moulding from Habitat ReStore. For the color, I used a mix of Homestead Dry Dyes and finished it off with spray polyurethane.
Hidden feature: bulit in battery pack, switch, and LED lighting. 😀
Above, you can see the lip that hides the LED strip.
For the hooks, I wanted a sleek, no-visible-screw design. To get these hooks, it was cheaper to harvest the hooks from 2 pre-assembled coat racks. Then with a bit of magic called “measuring,” they aligned straighter than the store-bought racks they came off of.
The coat rack is mounted to the wall using a French cleat.